Error Reports

This is the forum to discuss problems or features for the Android USB Stick Plugin for Total Commander.

Re: Error Reports

Postby feri » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:12 pm

amg51 wrote:...All I get is "reconnecting to USB stick..." ...

If there did not appear a dialog asking for permissions to access the stick, then you have the Android 4.3 bug.

For an analysis and some tipps for workarounds please install the OTG Troubleshooter:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oubshooter

Workaround for Android 4.3 Issue 58277:
http://otgtroubleshooter.blogspot.de/20 ... 58277.html
feri

Error Reports: No response to "Properties" query

Postby RunnypWho » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 am

Hi I'm using the trial plugin

When long pressing a file and pressing "Properties" in the popup nothing happens.
Is this because of the complexities of reading file information from USB via OTG?

andreas [dot] ross [at] gmail [dot] com
RunnypWho

USB Stick Plugin-TC is not showing icon in nexus 7 having 4.

Postby Parameswara » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:23 am

I brought USB stick Plugin and installed in my nexus 7 having android 4.3. It is not showing any icon to start and after installation it is not showing open button beside uninstall in Play Store. Please help me
Parameswara

Re: USB Stick Plugin-TC is not showing icon in nexus 7 havin

Postby feri » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:23 am

Parameswara wrote:It is n"ot showing any icon to start ...

You have to install the file manager "Total Commander" from the Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lCommander
Then start the Total Commander.
The Home Screen of Total Commander shows an icon for "USB-Stick Plugin".
Click on this Icon and then Attach your USB-Stick.
A dialog appears asking you whether the App "USB-Stick Plugin" is allowed to access your attached USB device.
After you granted access to the Plugin the root directory of your Stick is shown.
feri

Postby el Chula » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:38 am

Hi,

Last night I got an OTG cable so had tried to use with my Nexus 7 (2013) and my Nexus can recognize and copy data from my USB (Fat32) - I did use "Nexus Media Importer - NMI" software (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rter&hl=en).

Lately I tried to use Total commander with your Plugin (30 days trial), first time I got error "Google Play response code 291" then I removed - reinstalled until I got rid of the error. But my Nexus could not recognize my USB where I removed NMI or not (I tried with NMI and it still works). It also shows "reconnecting USB..." I pressed for short time but nothing happened, pressed for longer time --> Data + edit (etc)... but still not working.

How should I do?

Regards,
D
el Chula

Postby feri » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:42 pm

el Chula wrote:It also shows "reconnecting USB..." I pressed for short time but nothing happened, pressed for longer time --> Data + edit (etc)... but still not working.

Please follow the installation instructions beginning at step "3": http://usbstick.hechler.de/installdoc
Please report, If anything behaves different from the description.
feri

Postby el Chula » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Feri,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I Tested and it didn't work. But then I restarted my nexus and tried again and it works well. Now I like your software.

THANKS AGAIN.

D
el Chula

Re: Error Reports: No response to "Properties" query

Postby feri » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:48 am

RunnypWho wrote:When long pressing a file and pressing "Properties" in the popup nothing happens.

Hi Andreas, the new release v1.1.6 of the FREE version fixes this bug.
Selecting "Properties" now shows a simple dialog with Filesize and Timestamp.

The Bugfix is not yet availbale for the FULL version.
If there are no problems in the FREE version, the bugfix will be also published for the full version in about a week.
feri

Postby coogar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:14 pm

on my nexus 7 (2013) with update to android 4.4 first in the test-version all usb-sticks were running...
after buying the full version, one stick failed to initialize

initializing USB Stick failed: LUN 0: Invalid peripherical device type '21', expected '0' (direct access block device)

the usb stick is ok - testet it with PC (windows) on several devices
coogar

Postby feri » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:40 pm

coogar wrote:initializing USB Stick failed: LUN 0: Invalid peripherical device type '21', expected '0' (direct access block device)

The full version has been updated to version v1.1.7. Now it supports the same sticks as the test version.
feri

PreviousNext

Return to USB Stick Plugin for Total Commander (Android)