Error Reports

This is the forum to discuss problems or features for the Android USB Stick Plugin for Total Commander.

Error Reports

Postby feri » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 am

If you have an Error please report it here.
feri
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Error Reports

Postby alan sharkey » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 am

I havean 8gb sdhc card which is plugged into my Nexus10 via a Dane Elec usb device. Nexus Media Converter works with this so I know the hardware is ok.

your driver gives this error (latest version)

Initialising USB stick failed. Class de.hechler.tcplugin.usb stick.f.g: read capacity failed:-1


I can be contacted at alan (at) manhoc (dot) co (dot) uk if you want me to do anything

alan
alan sharkey
 

Re: Error Report: READ CAPACITY failed

Postby feri » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 pm

alan sharkey wrote:Initialising USB stick failed. Class de.hechler.tcplugin.usb stick.f.g: read capacity failed:-1

I am in contact with alan via EMail.
It looks like the USB-Device does not support the SCSI Command "READ CAPACITY" (0x25).
Normal USB Sticks do support this command.
I will look for a solution.
feri
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

Error Report: READ CAPACITY failed

Postby feri » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:58 pm

There are a number of Linux error reports with "USB read capacity failed".
Solution seems to be to use the same initialization sequence as Windows does.
Link to patch for linux: http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb-d ... 28514.html
http://lwn.net/Articles/105982/
feri
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

Error Report: READ CAPACITY failed

Postby feri » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Tested Micro SD USB Card Reader "Vartis Micro SD Card Reader" with a 2GB card without problems.
So I am not able to reproduce the problem locally.
feri
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

Problems with U3 sticks

Postby feri » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Nizarel09 reportet problems with two SanDisk usb sticks.
The problem was, that both sticks have the U3 feature.

I found a Toshiba 1GB U3 stick to reproduce the behaviour.

Technically U3 sticks have two logical units (volumes),
one as mass storage device and one as cd-rom to start the autostart launcher.
Currently the plugin takes the last lun which was accidentally the CD-ROM.

As a FIX the plugin now iterates over all LUNs and queries for the "Peripheral device type" (see inquiry command http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_Inquiry_Command).
The CD-ROM has "Peripheral device type" = '5', where the mass storage device has "Peripheral device type" = '0' (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_Perip ... evice_Type).
The first mass storage LUN will be used.

The FIX will be published in the free version first to prove functionality.
feri
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Error Reports

Postby volcano » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:57 pm

I've installed trial version of USB Stick, but when I try to access my usb drive in Total Commander it gives me this error:
usb device attached
google play response
dont allow 561

What I have to do with this?
volcano
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Re: Error Reports

Postby feri » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:57 pm

volcano wrote:google play response dont allow 561

The first time you attach an USB Stick the Google License Server is queried.
The normal response would be 0x100 = LICENSED
Your response is 0x231 = NOT_LICENSED
(The third response could be 0x123 = RETRY)

I assume there happened some error on the google license server when you installed the plugin.
I would suggest, that you deinstall and reinstall the plugin.
Open the TC, select the newly installed plugin and attach an USB Stick.
Hopefully you will get your license. :)
You need an internet connection for checking the license.

The license information is cached, so you do not need an internet connection the next time you use the plugin.

If there are still errors with your license, please mail me.
feri
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Error Reports

Postby volcano » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:48 pm

feri wrote:
volcano wrote:google play response dont allow 561

The first time you attach an USB Stick the Google License Server is queried.
The normal response would be 0x100 = LICENSED
Your response is 0x231 = NOT_LICENSED
(The third response could be 0x123 = RETRY)

I assume there happened some error on the google license server when you installed the plugin.
I would suggest, that you deinstall and reinstall the plugin.
Open the TC, select the newly installed plugin and attach an USB Stick.
Hopefully you will get your license. :)
You need an internet connection for checking the license.

The license information is cached, so you do not need an internet connection the next time you use the plugin.

If there are still errors with your license, please mail me.

Thanks, now everything works fine!
volcano
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Re: Error Reports

Postby amg51 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:54 pm

I have installed the latest Total Commander ( 2.03 Beta) and the latest Beta USBstick plugin

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) unrooted

The OTG cable works fine with a mouse

I have tried with various USB sticks - all FAT32 formatted

All I get is "reconnecting to USB stick..." and nothing further
amg51
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Next

Return to USB Stick Plugin for Total Commander (Android)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron